Red Cross Lifeguard Training
Course Description: The course will provide training for pool settings. 100% attendance, with full participation in all scheduled classes, successful completion of all critical skill, and written exams (with an 80% or better) will certify the candidate in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training with First Aid (valid for three years) CPR for the Professional Rescuer (valid for one year).
Requirements: Minimum age 15 years old. Swim 300 yards continuously using these strokes in the following order:
1) 100 yards of front crawl using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick. Rhythmic breathing can be performed either by breathing to the side or to the front.
2) 100 yards breast stroke using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence.
3) 100 yards either front crawl or breaststroke. This 100 yards may be a combination of front crawl and breaststroke.
4) Swim 20 yards starting in the water, surface dive 7-10 ft, retrieve a 10lb object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute 40 seconds.
5) Tread water for two minutes, no hands.
Class fee includes $50.00 non-refundable fee. Registration deadline is June 1st class. Minimum enrollment must be met by this date in order for the class to run. If you are questioning passing the pretest please contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment, otherwise the test will be given at the beginning of the first class.
Day:M-W 9:00-5:30 PM